Imposter cops loot Thanka trader in Kavre

KAVRE, JAN 12 - An unidentified group of fraudsters posing as policemen robbed a Thanka trader at Sharadabatase Chowk of the BP Highway on Saturday evening.

The place of incident is about 4 Km away from district headquarters, Dhulikhel.

The looters robbed a CBZ motorbike bearing registration number plate (Ba 48 Pa 7866), a golden chain, a mobile phone and Rs 25,000 in cash, belonging to Thanka trader Bikash Lama, of Mangaltar- 9 in Kavre district, on Saturday evening

"A person sporting a haircut like policeman stopped my motorbike for checking, saying his seniors were on the way," said victim Lama, "I stopped my bike believing him to be a police person. He snatched the key of motorcycle and then asked me to take out my purse. After that his henchmen, who came in three motorcyles, showed up at the scene." He claimed that they beat him up and looted him after the arrival of the three bikes.

"I ran towards the nearby forest to save my life," he said, "They even took away my motorcycle after I fled."

Lama, on Sunday, filed a complaint at the District Police Office demanding action against the robbers.

"The police have started investigation into the case," said District Police Chief Arun Kumar BC, "Police have been deployed to search for the robbers."

,